The Tower Lead must have a complete understanding of the wireless industry as they will be spending90% of their time onsite climbing Cell Towers. Fully grasp all aspects of initial training. Assist Foreman in developing and planning complete site build (as it pertains to the SOW at hand). Share ultimate responsibility for quality of SOW deliverable. Assist Foreman in identifying change orders, obstacles, and safety concerns that may impede SOW timeline. Possess leadership skills to direct all top side activities. Back up Tower Foreman when on the ground. Have a solid understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains, to the SOW at hand). Understand all components of the COP process.
Must be local or open to relocation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas.
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Required Training (ref pages 14 and 123 of IIPP):
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- SACW IIPP
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out
- Tag out
- RF Awareness
- SACW on board/protocols
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan etc.)
- Capstan operations
- Steal work (hanging boom, antenna etc.)
- Shoot azimuths
- Knowledge of all testing equipment -load hopping and (basic functions of the equipment)
- Higher understanding of multiple pulley operations
- Fully understand quality and safety procedures
- Ability to clearly capture photo images
- Advanced understanding of Rigging
- Connector install
- System testing (load hopping) PIM, ANRITSU, Fiber etc.
- Coax, Fiber routing/handling
- Top side and bottom side grounding
- Cad welding
- Quick learner
- Able to take direction
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. About Us
SAC Wireless helps customers keep the world connected with our ideas, innovations and solutions. SAC offers a complete portfolio of self-performing services to support major network builds, 5G LTE upgrades and indoor/outdoor small cell and distributed antenna systems (DAS) deployments. The company's core business consists of fully integrated network solutions, specializing in site development, architectural and engineering design management, construction services and management, equipment installation, commissioning and integration, operations and maintenance.
SAC works with telecom carriers, major tower owners, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) across the United States. We bring more than two decades of experience to help our customers design, build and upgrade cellular networks. By choosing us to build their networks, customers have made SAC the #1 turnkey network construction company in the United States. SAC wireless is a wholly-owned, independently-operating Nokia company.
Equal employment opportunity continues to be a fundamental principle at SAC, where employment is based soley upon personal capabilities and qualifications. Accordingly, equal employment opportunity, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, is assured for all employees and job applicants, regardless of age, color, disability, martial status, military status, ethnic or national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation and benefits.