Tower Technician'sbuild on their previous telecom experience and understanding of the wireless industry while backing up the lead tower hand.40-60% of time spent onsite climbing Cell Towers. Techs must back up the lead tower hand when working top side and back up the tower foreman when on the ground. Learn and develop an understanding for color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, etc. (as it pertains to the SOW at hand).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios, and antennas
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise, and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel when required.
Successful Completion of Required Training (ref pages 14 and 123 of IIPP):
- First Aid/BBP @ CPR
- SACW IIPP
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- SACW on board/protocols
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, Back hoe, capstan etc.)
- Minimum 6 months experience in a role working on cell sites
- Safety conscious
- Quick learners
- Able to take direction
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Equal employment opportunity continues to be a fundamental principle at SAC, where employment is based soley upon personal capabilities and qualifications. Accordingly, equal employment opportunity, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, is assured for all employees and job applicants, regardless of age, color, disability, martial status, military status, ethnic or national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation and benefits.