If you have never thought about a career as a Field Technician, it's time to think again! If you love working in the field, driving vehicles, interacting with customers, and advancing with ongoing learning opportunities Cable One is your next and final stop. We offer a career, not just a job, and at a company that was named on Forbes 2022 list of America's Best Midsized Employers! We strongly encourage women and veteran job seekers to apply!
This role offers an extensive training program with both one-on-one and group training classes. Nervous about finding your way in a new organization? You will have access to mentors from across the company to ensure you are set up for success. Our Field Techs are also provided with a company truck and all the necessary tools to perform the job. We also provide uniforms, from hats to boots and everything in between.
Our INCREDIBLY competitive benefits package includes 20 days (about 4 weeks) of PTO (Paid Time Off) per year, medical benefits that start on the first day of employment, a 401K match of up to 5%, and generous tuition reimbursement which increases with your tenure. You can even earn credits toward your associate degree while at work!
Apply today! We are currently recruiting Technicians in the following markets: Oklahoma (Lawton, Altus, Ardmore, Ada, Duncan); Alabama (Anniston,) Mississippi (Long Beach, Biloxi, Waynesboro, Cleveland); Illinois (Litchfield, Mt. Carmel); Idaho (Pocatello, Boise, West Valley, Idaho Falls); Missouri (Kennett, Joplin, Sullivan, Owensville, St. Robert, Linn, Harrisonville); Louisiana (Belle Chasse); South Carolina (Bluffton, Beaufort); Arizona (Prescott, Payson); Texas (La Grange, Longview, Borger, Aransas Pass, Sherman); Arkansas (Benton, Hardy); Indiana (Mitchell, Edinburgh, Delphi); Georgia (Reidsville) North Dakota (Fargo).
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
Visit our Career site and click Apply for the jobs and markets that interest you!
* Connect our customers to what they love by installing customer service drops or outlets in both residential and business properties.
* Takethe training you gain to useelectronic test equipment and online diagnostic tools to troubleshoot customer service drops or outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and resolve all problems from the customer's equipment to the output of the first distribution amplifier.
* You will ensure we are providingproper upstream and downstream signal levels at each termination on the customer's premises.
* You will be proactive by suggesting upgrades of existing services and educate customers on their new/existing equipment.
* This position has the expectation and responsibility to take on other duties needed to help drive our Purpose, fulfill our Brand Principles, and abide by our Organization's Value.
* A good driving record and a valid driver's licensein the state you are applying.
* Flexibility to go beyond for our customers by working overtime and on-call as needed.
* Problem solving is key when working with our customers. Be able to listen to customers and present solutionsin a positive manner.
* Due to the nature of the position, you will need tosuccessfullywork in small and confined areas;liftto 80lbs.;work on a ladder;and work in all weatherconditions.
* You will have demonstrated at least 3 months of customer service or related experience and/or training. The equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required. Our customers need you to help keep them connected to what matters most!
* Committed: Values each customer while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
* Helpful:Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
* Proactive:Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
* Personal:Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
* Medical, dental, and vision plans - start when you start!
* Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
* Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
* 401(k) - 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
* Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
* Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
* FREE Cable/Internet services for associates who live in a serviceable area
* Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
* Associate recognition & awards programs
* Advancement opportunities
* Collaborative work environment
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds, and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. "Stronger Together" is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Individuals hired into DOT regulated positions must be able to meet and maintain the requirements under the Company's DOT program, including successfully complete and pass a road test examination, driver's record safety review, drug testing, DOT physical, and past employer safety performance history. In accordance with DOT policy, the Company retrieves driving records and randomly tests for illegal substances.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.